Thursday, February 16, 2012

Valentine's Surprise!

Our first Valentine's Day together as a betrothed couple was definitely one to remember! Tuesday nights J plays as a goalie on a ice hockey team and I always have my friend (and one of my bridesmaids!) come over for "TV date night." So we didn't make big v-day plans. Before I left for work I left a card for J on his backpack but didn't really expect much in return. While I was at work I received a beautiful (ha) poem on my facebook wall that read, "Rose are red, Violets are blue, if zombies chased us, I would not trip you." This should give you an idea of the level of romance I can expect from my fiance! I ran a few errands before I got home and asked J to put a pot of water on the stove to boil. I got inside the house, saw the pot boiling, and then noticed that the dining room table had been cleared off. This seems to be a theme (for those of you who know our proposal story, you'll remember that I was tipped off that J was going to propose because he had tidied up our bedroom!) So I asked why the table was cleaned. J told me it was because he wanted me to sit there, and asked me to do so. Once I was at the table, he brought out a beautiful bouquet of flowers,
So pretty! 
a card, and some candy. It was so sweet! The card he got me was equally as romantic as the poem he had written me.

I feel like he could have written that last part. It is so J!
Once I was done reading the card and thanking him for the blooms, he came out with a little dish. I was pretty confused and had to ask what it was. It turns out that he had created a macaroni and cheese concoction for me! Now, I LOVE mac'n cheese so this was right up my alley, but the cutest part was that he brought it out in a tiny little bowl as an "appetizer" because he knows I'm on a diet. Turns out that he spent a couple hours after work buying ingredients and experimenting with a pasta bake.

I'm drooling just looking at it again!
He used Velveeta cheese shells (my fav), bacon, he then added egg noodles because there was too much bacon (don't ask), three different kinds of cheese, and garlic bread crumbled on top! It was delicious! Especially since I know he baked it from the heart! What I most appreciated was that he made me feel special on the holiday even though we didn't have a lot of time to be together that day. It definitely reinforced how lucky I am to be marrying this man! Hope you had a wonderful Valentines day too!

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment