Monday, October 8, 2012

Having it All

You may have noticed that I've been absent from my blog for a long while now. I've been doing a lot of thinking about trying to have it all, and accepting that it's just not possible.

Before I took my blog hiatus I was trying to do it all; plan a wedding; learn a new job (and be awesome at it); be a good friend; keep up with my google reader, TV shows, and books; design my den/blog room; exercise/live healthfully; and be a good and loving fiancee. Unfortunately, those turned out to be too many balls to juggle and I think I was most suffering in the last area. Unless J considers a good fiancee to be one who is constantly glued to the TV with her computer on her lap from the minute she walks in the door to the minute she goes to bed (early of course, to get to work early) I was not holding up my end of the bargain.

Since my man is the most important thing to me except for chocolate (and the entire reason for starting this blog, I might add!) I had to readjust my priorities. The blog was one of the things that didn't fit into my days anymore. (Exercise, other than the occasional run and much more than occasional walk to the Dairy-O for ice cream, also was missing from my summer). I made an effort to let go of my self imposed schedule and I basically let myself do what I felt like doing when I felt like doing it! Yay for being an adult! And it was great! J and I got to spend more quality time together, I felt much less stress, and I had a very fun summer! But then I started to feel a little lost without my "schedule" and my other hobbies. So it's time to start reintroducing my other activities back into my life (I attempted to start the 30 day shred today but then after some technology glitches I've decided I'm more of a morning shredder anyways so I will start tomorrow)!

This means I'm back to blogging. But in order to keep it fun for me and not so much of a "chore" or something I stress about as far as content, I've decided to open it up a little bit as far as the topics I blog about. I will still be blogging about weddings, they are ever present on my mind and one of my favorite things to talk about after all, but I will also be blogging about design, fashion, and just life!

While I was on my hiatus, I managed to plan almost the entire rest of the wedding so I have many update posts for you! And I'll be back tomorrow with my first wedding related post!

<3



No comments:

Post a Comment