Saturday, April 7, 2012

Love Shoot

We are going to be doing our engagement photo shoot in the next couple of weeks! I'm so excited about it because it feels like instant gratification! I'm very excited to be designing something that will come to fruition in a couple of weeks as opposed to over a year from now! My idea is to have a picnic style session! I am obsessed with the pink and white trees that bloom every spring around Clawson! (Ok, so they're actually in a lot of places but I started especially noticing them when we moved out here because there are so many in our neighborhood!) Originally, I just wanted to set up a picnic in front of a pretty pink tree. Then, I went on a car search to find the perfect tree... I searched all through Grosse Pointe, Royal Oak, Birmingham, and Clawson with no success. Who knew it was so hard to find a gorgeous tree low enough to the ground that has a nice backdrop and is not in somebody's front yard! There were some beautiful trees right on the lake in Grosse Pointe, but unfortunately they were all in No Stopping, No Standing, No Parking, No Fishing, No Swimming, No Picnicking  areas. They got me with that last one there!

But then, with a little internet research, and little stroke of genius, I came up with the PERFECT idea! While surfing the internet with searches such as "Michigan pink trees" I came across this western Michigander's blog.   http://www.selectivepotential.com/2012/03/pink-trees.html Her name is Tieka and she has a blog called Selective Potential where she blogs about fashion from Grand Rapids! Once I saw the following picture, I HAD to know where it was taken!


Luckily, Tieka was nice enough to answer my email and tell me that it was taken at an orchard in Grand Rapids! Now, Grand Rapids is too far for us to go for our pictures, but I found a Michigan Orchard Directory and started calling orchards until I got a hold of someone! The nice farmers at Brookwood Fruit Farm in Almont, MI (an hour north of where we live) gave us permission to do our shoot there! And they said that the cherry trees should be blooming in the next couple of weeks! I mean seriously, look how beautiful this is...


I am beyond excited! I have already purchased all of our picnic supplies and am working on picking out outfits (which is super hard, btw)! My mom was nice enough to loan us a beautiful quilt that my great-grandmother made to use as our picnic blanket! And, our awesome photographer Jeffrey at http://www.jlbwedding.com/ is onboard and excited for the shoot! Now it's time for everybody to keep their fingers crossed that mother nature and the weather cooperate! I can't wait to show you all the final results, but for now here are some of my inspiration pictures!






123456

Can't wait to show you the final product!

<3




No comments:

Post a Comment