Friday, March 30, 2012

Nom Noms

Today's topic is something that everyone loves! CAKE! Yes, alternative desserts such as pie, cupcakes, cake pops, and candy bars are very popular right now. However, there is something so classic and fun about cakes! There are so many different styles and flavors available to tailor it to your tastes! Since the cake cutting is such a quintessential aspect of a wedding, I figure why not put the money into the cake and really make it a show stopper?

I think that dessert tables are fantastically beautiful (as you should be able to tell since I include one in about every Wedding Palette Wednesday that I do!) but for us, we're sticking with just the cake. Here are some lovely and whimsical cakes that make my heart go pitter patter!



Love the simplicity here. If I were to have this cake, it would be white since pink isn't a prominent color in my palette but those sugar flowers are amazing!


I love how rough this one looks. 


This cake is pretty simple as well, but the big sugar flower makes it pop! I also love how they displayed it with a bed of flowers underneath! Gives it some ummph! 


I'm such a sucker for pink and gold! This cake seems easy to do (read: less expensive) but is still very pretty and feminine. 


Sigh... I love love love love this cake! It's a Maggie Austin creation and she is a genius! I love all of her cakes! This one is definitely my favorite though. I love how the cake has so much texture and the bows really set it off. They look like little belts on a pretty wedding gown! 




These gold cakes are divine. I may go in the gold cake direction because they are so beautiful and different! I love how delicate the cake on the right looks. 

And now it's time for the show stoppers. I will specifically be searching for a baker who can accomplish the following looks...


All white and so fun! This large scale flower is both sassy and bold! And... for my favorite cake of all time (drum roll please...)


TA DA!!! Isn't she a beaut? For me, it doesn't get any better than this.


I'm not sure if we'll get a cake topper. I suppose it will depend on what type of cake design we decide on. BUT if we are to get a topper, these two are fun choices! My favorite is the one on the right. Mostly because it incorporates our colors and some glitz! 

Sources: 123456 & 7,  8 (sorry I lost the source for this one!), 91011

Which cake is your favorite? Or, would you go in a completely different direction? 

<3


No comments:

Post a Comment