Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Wedding Palette Wednesdays! Coral & Lilac

I got inspired to do another Wedding Palette Wednesday by a chance encounter. I am very into coral these days, and have my nails painted as such. I happened to pick up a lilac colored napkin and the juxtaposition of the two colors was very appealing. I think they are two very lovely colors to decorate a wedding in!

Let's start with the fashion and flowers. The great thing about these two colors is that they're both so beautiful and feminine you could either have your maids in coral holding lilac flowers, or in lilac holding coral flowers.

Coral Dresses with Lilac Flowers:



12345

I am obsesssssed with the first two dresses! I love the fashion forward, structural quality of dress #1. Whatever lady was wearing this dress would instantly feel like a bombshell. Dress #2 is so feminine and beautiful. I love lace and a gold belt never hurt anything! Also, these two colors look great when paired together. Maybe your maid of honor could rock the two toned look to stand out. The bouquets will look great up against these dresses. Either go with a mixed bouquet in the lilac palette, or go for a big bunch of lilacs to make an impact.

Lilac Dresses with Coral Flowers:


 

1234567

I love using celebrities for two things: inspiration and gossip! The dress on Mila Kunis is one of my all time favorite dresses. It might not be quite practical for girls in the real world, but it is gorgeous inspiration! Kate Middleton's dress is much more conservative but still very lovely. The nice part about her dress is that a normal girl without a stick thin figure would look great in it as well. Now, onto the still beautiful, but not couture dresses. Dress #1 is very simple and beautiful and I think any bridesmaid would enjoy wearing it. Dress #2 is a little crazy sauce, but I kind of like it! I wouldn't put every girl in it, but if you're going for an eclectic bridal party with girls in different dresses, adding one of these would look great. Dress #3 is my favorite. It's sassy, sexy, and fashionable! All three dresses would look great with those beautiful coral bouquets in front of them. The most important thing to focus on whether you have coral dresses with lilac flowers, or vice versa is to keep the accessories metallic. You don't want to go overboard with too much color. Obviously, my choice would be to pair the dresses with simple gold jewelry. I love me some gold!

As for the bridal bouquet and centerpiece flowers, they should combine the two colors to infuse the palette into the day! Here are some beautiful examples.





1,2,34

 As far as the extra touches to your day to bring it all together, here are some ways to incorporate the color story.





12345, 6

Don't forget that you can use your linen and napkins to add some "wow" to your event! This wedding's linen really packs a punch of color and looks great. The cute little purse would be perfect for a flower girl to carry around. Don't want to mix the two colors in your invites? Think outside of the box and go monotone with your invites and use the other color for your envelopes. As for other decorative touches, I love this garland! I would alternate the two for some cutesy decor.

Ready to run out and get the coral and lilac look? Here's how you can use it in your everyday look as well.


<3

No comments:

Post a Comment