Monday, May 28, 2012

Architecture & Jewelry



Here's another non wedding related post! I'm taking a short hiatus from wedding design (because I had a bit of overload and was getting overwhelmed) but not from blogging! I thought I'd let some of my other interests shine! Metro Detroit and Downtown Detroit architecture has been catching my eye for a long time now. I delight in interesting buildings and unique details. However, my intrigue has turned into all out obsession since I started my new job a couple of months ago. On my new commute home I have the perfect view of the Southfield skyline just as the evening sun hits it. It is so stunning it takes my breath away. I love the black and gold buildings so much I just want to HAVE them! I have no idea how that even makes sense since they're office buildings, but it's just a compulsion that I have that I need them! I love them so much! 

Here's some background on the architecture. The Southfield Town Center (as it is called) is made up of 5 skyscrapers built between 1975 to 1989. The style of architecture is considered to be modern with post modern influences. What I love most about it is the geometric qualities the buildings have. I also like that the 3000 Town Center building  reminds me of Keebler Fudge Stripe cookies! Mmmm... oh, right, so what does this have to do with jewelry?? 

Well, since I can't physically HAVE the buildings like I oh so want to, and I couldn't figure out a way to get them in the background of our wedding pictures (no pretty areas to stand in that has Southfield as a backdrop, it's all expressway), I have decided to take inspiration from the Southfield Town Center (and the 2000 Tower in particular) to influence my jewelry choices for the summer. I love that any kind of design, be it wedding design, interior design, or fashion can be influenced by literally ANYTHING. It lends to so much creativity and personal style. So, feast your eyes on the gorgeous Southfield Town Center and my favorite jewelry pieces inspired by the black and gold geometrics!






1-45 
1&2 are the 2000 Tower, 3 is the 4000 Tower and 4 is the 3000 Tower.


Totally looks like the 3000 tower, right???






12345





 
 
 



12345


123


<3

No comments:

Post a Comment