Sunday, May 27, 2012

Office Decor

I'm deviating from the typical topic on Bride with a Twist today! Yes, it's true I have other interests than weddings! Today I want to talk about office decor! Mostly because I'm trying to brighten up the space I work in! Just because your office is not part of your home does not mean that you can't give it some style and personality! Besides, we spend the majority of our day at work, it might as well be a space that we enjoy! Here are some items that I am loving and that can easily be brought into your office.

If you have a desk job like I do, you know that you spend most of your time sitting down facing the screen. A good way to add a pop of color to your view is to find a fun mouse pad! I have been drooling over this mouse pad for months now. However, at $35 for a mouse pad, I haven't yet pulled the trigger on the purchase. I may ask for it for my birthday though! Pink and gold is a classic combo that sets my heart a flutter whether it's in wedding design, fashion, or home design. 





The next two office details are practical, fun, and things I own already! I love that peacock mirror oh so much! It is useful because it allows me to see people coming up behind me so I don't jump out of my skin when someone starts talking to me! My polaroid picture frame is great for the office too because it allows me to have multiple picture of me and my mister without taking up much desk space.





Adding plants makes a space feel more homey. I adore the pig planter which makes a splash with some whimsy and color. The brass terrarium is another great way to include some greenery.














Don't think that art is just for your home. You can bring art and pin it up on your tack board or bring the art in frames and lean it up against your cube wall. These pieces are neutral enough for the office but beautiful enough to give you some eye candy!





1, 234567, 8910


Yes, trash cans are typically provided already in your office but who says you can't trade it out for a pretty one? I think you should! 

Bringing your own desk chair may not be practical or even allowed... but if I could I would bring this one! 

<3 

No comments:

Post a Comment